Monday, January 9, 2017

More Thoughts About Perfection (?)


Straight lines adorn your being.
Hair immaculate,
finger-nails buffed and polished,
everything in its place.


Your voice is soft and sweet,
the anger is only noticeable
in your eyes.
What do you sacrifice for perfection?

10 comments:

  1. I feel that everyone in the world needs to read this. it's so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I thought of the song Try by Colbie Callait. I really liked the line "What do you sacrifice for perfection"
    Really well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the definition of how girls feel in High School, there is so much pressure to be perfect. We all need to let go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the honesty in this piece is so true, i love pieces like this, they speak to me so much. i loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. to look good we put a lot of effort out there

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your poetry is beautiful, this is so accurate to today's beauty standards, I wonder the same thing like what do these perfect girls I see on the internet sacrifice to make their lives look so perfect. Put into words perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is amazing. it's so true that everyone, especially in high school, wants to be "perfect", whatever that really means. It's so much better to just be yourself and not give a dang what anyone thinks!

    ReplyDelete